Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 143

Hello All...

It's been a whirlwind lately with our travels to St. Thomas & South Florida, Team events, and the Fourth of July. I know Kelly updated you on the overview of our St. Thomas trip, but I would like to add my thank you to all of the unseen contributors who made the trip the memorable experience that it was. To all the founding IBOs who were there, it was great making connections and new friendships with you.

Once we got home, it took a day or two to get back in the swing of things (''Island time'' moves at a much slower pace). After a short adjustment, we hit the ground running. We had an awesome week of presentations leading up to a motivating Luau with our team. Next year's reward trip for Qivana leaders will be held on the beautiful island of Kauai, what better way to gear up for it than a Luau?! I personally can't think of a better way to earn travel, than by helping others not only with their financial freedom, but also with their health. Everyday I become more excited just knowing that I've touched others lives.

The week following the Team Luau we traveled to South Florida to work with our team members there. Then the Fourth of July weekend we were blessed to be able to work along side our children at the Food Bank of Manatee for half a day. I can't express in words the pride Kelly and I felt watching our children not only contribute to the community but learn a life lesson. Not only did they learn from the experience, but they also enjoyed themselves tremendously. I couldn't help but smile to see them throw themselves so whole-heartedly into the effort. Volunteering as a family for community services like the food bank is definitely something I would urge others to participate in...it is a priceless experience.

Once again, I am posting in the wee hours of the morning with a full day ahead. We have an exciting presentation with our mentor and friend Vernon at our home and as I write this we are still in South Florida. I hope you and your family enjoyed the Fourth as much as we did. Thank you to all the veterans who have contributed so much for our freedom.

Goodnight & God Bless,

Nathan


1 comment:

  1. A big thanks to Kelly, Nathan, and family for your time at The Food Bank of Manatee! We always welcome families and the youth in our community to see how they can help others. We applaud your efforts to make a difference in the fight against hunger, and we thank you for your leadership! Best wishes as you continue your Qivana journey!!

    ReplyDelete